Gastronomic and Restaurants Tips
The war of the cazones
Two are the positions of turnovers that are located in the Great Roque. For that reason it is question of honor for the " empanaderas " to win more followers for their season, for what you/they live in continuous conflict among the scents and flavors of the cazón, the shellfish like the tripa'e pearl, the octopus and until the lobster, when it is season of fishing of this crustacean.
As it is known, this she/he goes from the first of November to April of every year 30, and as much the local authorities as the same roqueños veil because the prohibited of this specimen is respected that sustains great part of the economy of the region.
Armando Scanonne pointed out in this respect that although the lobster was very abundant in our coast, at the moment you/he/she is alone in
Los Roques ones, in The Witness, and in other places of little importance for her scarce population. Still worse it is the case of the quigua and the botuto, other fineness of our seas, forbidden today their fishing for their population's dramatic decrease". contrary to the lobster, the fishing of the botuto, a giant snail of meat very appreciated between the fishermen and lovers of the fruits of the sea, it is in prohibited for 10 years.
As for the turnovers, degustar will surely be preferred to pleasure the two options, the one that offer The Siren, a margariteña of pure stump, and of Agripina, with the certainty that none of them will disappoint the palate or the pocket.
The new miscegenation
It is undeniable the European influence in this archipelago, where as well as they mix the blue and green, they converge and they are amalgamated in the vents the spices, the hands and the knowledge of the oriental coast with the old continent.
"I came for some days and I stayed 14 years", an innkeeper says, and, as well as her, hundred of Italian or French were captivated of the magic roqueña to desist completely of furrowing other seas that are not those that water
Los Roques ones.
With that impronta, it is not of missing that in the inns and sailing ships the food varies according to the influence of the owners and taken charge. In occasions, the menu strolls between the local thing and the mediterranean thing with an astounding easiness and it stops the diners' delight, it doesn't care its origin. This way, a breakfast can be conformed, at the same time, for the traditional round maize loaves with its morning accompaniment (eggs, fish, cheese and ham), as of crepés with exquisite marmalades of distant origin. They are located, of course, the most extreme options in this letter of influences. Zoila, a roqueña and confirmed defender of their terruño, would never give their vents to another mixture that it is not the one that is forged with pure local ingredients.
It is their case, as well as the one of most of the regents of roqueños inns, for what is a suggestion of rigor to lean for one of them if what is wanted is degustar to fullness of a very Creole menu. In the other end some inns of Italian owners are located, where the options of food are generally quite international. And if they are still doubts of how appreciated it is the local gastronomy, be enough to mention that it doesn't lack who takes an alone airplane to give a gift to the palate in
Los Roques ones.
It is at least what happens to chef Carlos Sernaglia, Venezuelan that surrendered to the beauty of the sea roqueño and all the delights that he harbors, transforming them in true delights with their prodigious hands, very well trained in diverse restaurants of the world, but especially in Italy. Their carpaccio of eggplants is a dish worthy of any table gourmet, in the warm atmosphere of the restaurant of the inn Watercolor.
As requested (Restaurants)
- Aquarena: located in Los Roques entrance of the Great one, this restaurant, with a stupendous view of the sea, offers a variety of appetizers, appetizers, sándwiches, pastas, salads, desserts and other delights. Although the food is not all the autochthonous one that one hopes to find, it is of the best options in the island, especially in the nights, when it is more difficult to move to other points. They also prepare you dig beach.
- Casamarina: this fabulous restaurant is located in the key Francisquí, in the well-known sector as The pool". There, besides offering the service full day, they have a pleasing atmosphere for degustar a menu that includes fish of the day, boiled, salads, soups and, if it is season, lobster in all its presentations, inclusive in turnovers.
- The Hidden Bar: to arrive until him it is necessary to walk enough for the bank, inclusive beyond the courts, for what their name is really appropriate. When being arrived she/he finds a welcoming, small but pleasing place, assisted by their owners, of Italian origin. For that reason the specialty, of the kitchen is mediterranean, although they prepare lobster to take advantage of that dish. The recommendation of rigor for this place is to prove the cocktails.
- The Jetty: this great one local that receives their name to be located in
Los Roques main jetty of the Great one, it is the restaurant where all the visitors of the archipelago are provided that choose the inns or packages of Aereotuy. The packages include three daily foods but the plans can vary according to the pleasure and the diner's readiness.
- Inn-restaurant The Song of the Whale: with a welcoming atmosphere, this place is the encounter point of those who decide to not give way to the fatigue product of the morning activity and they decide to dive, this time in the night roqueña. The music is pleasing and also the view, because they are located on the beach. As restaurant it is also good option.
-the Chuchera: this place has a varied menu that includes from quick food, as hamburgers, hot dogs and pizzas, until succulent lunches with the help of fish of the day and pastas, among other options. She/he opens up the whole day and it is one of the places to eat more wide of the Great
Roque. It is assisted by their owner, Pedro Díaz, young venturesome who predicts new progresses in the place, since wait that this it is a place of having forced stop for the night entertainment.
- Bora the Sea: welcoming coffee-restaurant, on the beach. It is located passing the church. There, in full conjunction of the light of the candles, the stars and the moon, any veiled one is interesting and relajante.
-restaurant of the Posada Acuarela: beside the Posada Acuarela their small restaurant is located, with awnings and seats in the sand; in that small space, welcoming and very intimate, Carlos Sernaglia, young chef, formed in Italy, gives life to his culinary